Vocational rehabilitation are services that help injured or disabled people return to work, which may include a vocational evaluation, general skills enhancement, counseling, refresher training, job searches, and job accommodations or modifications.
By law, Houston vocational rehabilitation agencies must collaborate with companies to identify people who may need services, if you require it, it is important to find a quality lawyer to avoid any problems.
Points you should know about this service:
- Vocational rehabilitation may be included in the transition plan.
- It helps people develop skills to get and keep a job.
- Deaf services.
- Prostheses, auxiliary devices, wheelchairs and to improve functioning at work.
Rehabilitations are tailored to meet the career goal and are determined by developing an Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE).
Who can receive this service?
If you or a family member has a disability that has a substantial barrier to employment, you can benefit from vocational rehabilitation and to qualify you must have:
- Have a physical or mental impairment that constitutes or results in an obstacle to finding a job.
- Benefits of vocational rehabilitation services when getting a job.
A family member or friend with a disability can enter the services that rehabilitation provides you because it is intended to prepare people for jobs, get a job and help you move up.
The variety of services with vocational rehabilitation are personalized to meet your needs, as well as support the development of knowledge, resources, skills, and behaviors to reach the goal.
Any problem you have to be able to acquire the rehabilitation, hire a quality lawyer and trust that everything goes as you have scheduled, he will always be in charge of you receiving all your services.